Monday, February 07, 2005

the bathroom not the flight

Laura says: howdy...sorry, couldn’t book a computer until now

Claudine says: no problem

Laura says: thanks so much for the call again, I’m so pissed that I missed it though

Claudine says: i was afraid i might wake you but i figured you'd shut your phone off at night if it would wake you up

Claudine says: and i thought you tend to be an early riser

Claudine says: it was 7:30 right?

Laura says: or I´d be so desperate to actually speak to people that I wouldn’t care

Laura says: I´m not sure, my phone doesnt give me a time all the time

Claudine says: it was 1:30 am here

Laura says: though I’ve become a lazy riser. I sleep way too much now when given the chance. I need more purpose to my life

Laura says: that would be 8:30 here since I’m in Finland which is an extra time zone over (like Russia)

Claudine says: oh good.

Laura says: so how´s life?

Claudine says: not bad, finally got to see the eye doctor

Laura says: ah, and he says

Claudine says: turns out i needed a stronger prescription

Laura says: that always helps to know

Claudine says: yeah, really annoying, they have to redo the lenses in the galsses too

Claudine says: but he told me to try the new contacts for a week and then they'll redo the glasses

Laura says: shouldn’t they have picked this up the first time?

Claudine says: well they did give me a stronger prescription than i had

Laura says: but not good enough

Claudine says: but i've always had two different prescriptions but this time the guy said he was going to even it out so i had the same prescription, but it wasn't even strong enough for my better eye and in my weaker eye it was just blurry so with both eyes open it was like half blurry

Claudine says: so luckily i got a different eye doctor this time

Laura says: so the guy just sucked and screwed everything up for you...nice

Claudine says: yup

Laura says: yeah...I think you should demand some kind of renumeration...you know, money, what is that word?

Claudine says: umm

Claudine says: i know what you mean

Claudine says: retribution? restitution

Claudine says: i think its restitution

Claudine says: no?

Laura says: revenge!

Laura says: piratery!

Claudine says: :D

Laura says: ugh...I was supposed to be looking up a bunch of stats for a preview of this Sweden tournament for my friend´s Web site, but I´m way too tired

Laura says: I´ll just chat lively instead

Laura says: the sports writer, he might have an agent for my euro hockey book idea

Laura says: but of course since he´s 10000000 years old, he tells me to call him--does he have any idea of what a pain in the ass that is!?!?!?!?

Laura says: but it is a nice thought. I reviewed my outline again to be sure I had talking points for him

Laura says: I sound like my old boss ewwwwww

Claudine says: speaking of when you used to work...

Claudine says: what should i order from staples....

Claudine says: so far i have pens, post its and card stock

Laura says: how dull

Claudine says: i know!

Laura says: there are those really cool colored tabs that you can mark pages and books with...love those...and I always deliberated over which kind of red pen to get, but I don´t know how much red ink you get to use.

Laura says: you could pick out pretty colored folders for special things...or just for days when you need to cheer yourself up

Laura says: high quality pencils, never have too many of those

Claudine says: I do have some of those tabs, i like those i even have a dispenser for three different sizes :$ I'm getting these felt tip pens that i really like in blue, black and red

Claudine says: hmm, i don't really use pencils that much...

Laura says: I love foreign countries...I am meeting someone named Gunilla in Malmo next week...Gunilla? Like godzilla?

Claudine says: but maybe because i haven't had high-quality ones

Claudine says: that is great

Claudine says: i had a home improvement idea for the kitchen so you really need to come back and help me build it

Laura says: ooooooo

Claudine says: and help me pick a theme for the bathroom

Laura says: They have the best home design stuff over here...you would love it....great simple design...clean colors and shapes....really practical but pretty too

Claudine says: and blake has all this new film equipment so we've been talking about doing some stop animation so we need you to help with that

Laura says: I think it has something to do with the fact that it´s dark so much of the year, they make everything look nice to make up for it

Claudine says: I'm sure i would love it

Claudine says: i love swedish design too

Laura says: So you should fly over here, we´ll pick out a bathroom and send you home with it

Claudine says: oh sure

Laura says: all very similar...Danish, Swedish and Finnish style.

Claudine says: your treat right? (the bathroom not the flight)

Laura says: though evidently the Finns are best at the glass and dishware...even the Swedes admit it

Laura says: ABOSLUTELY!

Claudine says: sounds really nice

Claudine says: it really sucks living in the US some times

Laura says: We can crash at my friends place...I´m sure he won´t mind after I´ve already taken up residence on his couch for almost two weeks

Laura says: yes, it often sucks living in the states...thank God we get NY It would be unbearable otherwise

Claudine says: i know, i was saying to blake once, if you think about it we live in supposedly one of the top hippest neighborhoods in the country and definitely one of the most liberal cities so imagine what it's like in the rest of the country...

Laura says: really, truly, inconceivable.

Laura says: I like to visit elsewhere, but even after a week you always go home thinking, how do people LIVE there??

Claudine says: i know

Laura says: yahoo is being an ass tonight. Won´t send any of my messages

Laura says: hmmm...so I was thinking that you guys should move to France and I would get a job over here...either Sweden or Finland I think. I fit in well enough. (And evidently also as a Dane since three people asked me for directions the one day I was in Copenhagen.)

Claudine says: as soon as blake is fluent we can move there

Laura says: non, non, non....he will only become fluent once he is immersed!

Claudine says: well he needs to advance a little more in his studies before we can move over there

Claudine says: do you have windows paint on your computer?

Laura says: um...this one? there seems to be everything. It´s a Finnish library. They are very serious about customer service

Claudine sends: C:\Documents and Settings\desktop\DESKTOP DOCUMENTS\kitch.bmp

Claudine says: my kitchen idea

Laura says: argh... do I want to Hyvasky? or Hylkaa? or Tallenaa nimella'????

Sending of "kitch.bmp" to Laura has failed.

Claudine says: oh well

Laura says: I see a very cute tiny picture....but the computer told me something in Finnish and now I can´t get anything...sorry

Laura says: book self beside the fridge?

Claudine says: it's a cabinet built around the fridge so it looks like it's built in

Laura says: great idea...love it...ops...they are chasing us away...library is closing and I have to be sure I can get my stuff from the free locker...

Laura says: as always it´s a great pleasure

Claudine says: have a good night

Laura says: come to Europe SOON!

Laura says: you too

Laura says: say hi to Blake

Claudine says: ok

Claudine says: i will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home