Thursday, February 24, 2005

i'm not pregnant if that's what you're wondering

Laura says: Moui dag!

Laura sends Laurapigeon.JPG

You have successfully received Laurapigeon.JPG from Laura.

Laura says: It's me trying to sneak up on a pigeon backwards (so he won't notice)

Laura says: (based on those photos of me with Lynn and Kate that were taken at Trafalgar square when we were kids--they hung by the entrance of the living room in my apartment

Claudine says: very cute

Claudine says: it looks cold

Laura says: I think that's just my shoulders scrunching.

Laura says: that was the warm day

Laura says: I got to wear fleece!

Laura says: (but the down coat soon came back)

Laura says: this was cold

Laura sends Lswing.JPG

Laura says: be back soon

You have failed to receive file "Lswing.JPG" from Laura.

Claudine says: sorry

Laura says: for....

Claudine says: i missed your picture

Laura says: oh...no worrries, not that exciting.

Laura says: I'll try see if I can upload them to one of those site

Laura says: ss

Claudine says: or our blog

Laura says: I am going to try to be better about king pictures now that I have a digital camera. Still...it almost emphasizes the loneliness factor

Laura says: taking not king

Claudine says: it is great, i take tons of pictures now

Laura says: I just went through the slide show with joske. Lot's of junk even after I deleted them, but still, a lot of fun. Some that will be good for smiles.

Laura says: though having friends about was bad for my spending habits. I actually bought myself a silly souvenir

Claudine says: heaven forbid!

Laura says: In the Alice Shop (as in Wonderland) I bought a $14 (!) mug with the "drink me" label on it from the book illustrations

Laura says: I just loved it too much

Claudine says: it sounds very nice and although i guess $14 is alot for a mug it's not alot for a souvenir from a ten month trip

Laura says: true...but I have indulged myself...a team Sweden jersey to recover from the election results, things like that

Laura says: But...I guess you buy yourself little things on a daily at home basis too...at any rate, I really like it, I drink tea every day...so it will be well and affectionately used

Laura says: Anything exciting pop up lately?

Claudine says: i'm not pregnant if that's what you're wondering ^o)

Claudine says: and no one else is yet either

Laura sends Lswing.JPG

Laura says: well, that's good...I'm presuming

You have successfully received Lswing.JPG from Laura.

Claudine says: that's a good picture too

Laura says: that was a demonstration of cold

Laura says: so...would you kill me if i extended my stay?

Claudine says: until when?!!?

Claudine says: you said you'd be home before the summer....

Laura says: ummm...yeah...how about a little later...for the good of literary development?

Laura says: I feel guilty only because of you, of course

Laura says: I am considering...so way far off from deciding...on staying for the summer in one place to work just on the two book projects...

Laura says: and come home in September

Laura says: :$

Claudine says: 8-) unbelievable

Laura says: I thought you might be considering whether ever to speak to me again

Claudine says: i was

Laura says: reconsidered?

Laura says: :$

Claudine says: really i'm just very jealous, if I were in your position I would stay as long as I could too

Claudine says: even if i were in my position ;)

Laura says: thanks for the support

Claudine says: and if you're there over the summer then maybe I'll get to come visit

Laura says: but all the more reason to keep looking for those weekend deals to paris!

Laura says: ah...see psychic

Laura says: I'm thinking I would get a place (shared) in Malmo, Tampere or maybe Budapest--but really Malmo and Tampere are the front runners, just because I like the places better.

Laura says: Tampere has easier-going people, so easier that way...but Malmo I like more

Laura says: as a place

Laura says: I want to stay where I have some people there I know, so I'm not starting from scratch. and where I know the city a bit--both places have real libraries to work in.

Claudine says: sorry, where is tampere?

Laura says: Oh, Finland...I mean, really...doesn't everyone know their Finnish geography

Laura says: (I still can't remember which is the Norwegian flag and which is the Danish ... So i can throw no stones.)

Claudine says: where is the pigeon picture taken?

Laura says: London, Traffalgar Square (however it is spelled)

Laura says: have to split for a little to let Joske use the Internet...I mean, who does she think she is!??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home