Thursday, February 24, 2005

thinly slicing with potatoes

Claudine says: so i was just going through the log of our conversations trying to find a title for our blog

Laura says: inane conversations of the impossibly but deceptively brilliant

Laura says: ?

Claudine says: so far i like: weird quacking goose in the back yard ... Gunilla? Like godzilla? sanoo!

Claudine says: and oh, you're Afweig en antwoordt wellicht niet

Claudine says: it’s weird when you read it continuously because the responses not matching up stands out more

Laura says: ah...sorry...3 conversations at once...do you know how to make a group conversation...I thought that could be fun (once we've completed a private blog conversation)

Claudine says: i think so

Tracy has been added to the conversation.

Claudine says: tracy?

Tracy says: hi

Laura says: hey....how super advanced are we all?

Tracy says: wow! I didn't know we could do this...can you invite alli too?

Claudine says: sure

Allison has been added to the conversation.

Laura says: ah....

Claudine says: better?

Allison says: the miracles of technology

Laura says: much easier than trying to type really fast before the next person replies

Tracy says: now none of us have to do any work!

Claudine says: yay!

Allison says: see tracy, claudine and I have practice having multiple conversations at one time :)

Laura says: this is very cool...not as cool as being home with you all, but very neat

Allison says: while doing some work (supposedly)

Claudine says: of course

Laura says: right...I do realize that you all are working hard

Tracy says: I’m just going to eat while we chat...no one's here so I don't have to pretend to work

Allison says: I am trying to figure out what to eat for lunch, while keeping my dinner options open too

Claudine says: my boss is away for a week so i don't have to either

Laura says: I'm just sinking into the couch...though I did just thinly slice with potatoes

Laura says: 8

Claudine says: that makes more sense then you thinly slicing With potatoes

Allison says: I have no idea what you just said

Tracy says: why are you slicing potatoes?

Claudine says: well i'm trying to decide if i should get lunch downstairs...

Laura says: yah...I think my new accent and vocab might be spreading to the written word

Laura says: what’s on the menu

Laura says: oh...dinner

Claudine says: yay, it’s breakfast for lunch today, definitely

Laura says: (the potatoes)

Claudine says: 2/24 BREAKFAST AT LUNCH; HOT OATMEAL; FRENCH TOAST STICKS; SCRAMBLED EGGS; HOME ROASTED BREAKFAST POTATOES; BACON; HAM; FRUIT SALAD

Claudine says: which makes up in advance for tomorrow (fish sticks and string beans !@!)

Laura says: it's a nice easy recipe--thin slice, toss with thyme, 2 cloves garlic and olive oil, then set in a dish, like a spread deck of cards and into the oven--25 min with foil, 25 minutes without

Laura says: ewwww...fish sticks

Claudine says: i know!

Laura says: but lucky you....mmmm getting hungry

Laura says: Had awesomely delicious fish and chips on Monday night

Allison says: I could go for fish and chips

Laura says: Bagers and mash in the pub the next night with some Speckled Hen

Claudine says: me too

Tracy says: you're both making me hungry and I have a lame leftovers for lunch

Laura says: (no Speckled Hen for Allison though)

Allison says: but too many french fries goes to my butt as my mother-in-law has pointed out for me

Laura says: sorry

Laura says: but leftovers can be good too

Claudine says: see laura if you ever came back to the country of your birth you could come have fish and chips with us at teddys!

Laura says: meatloaf sandwiches--one of my favorites

Tracy says: not when they weren't that good to start with.

Allison says: :)

Tracy says: mmm...teddy's....

Allison says: I have none of these choices

Claudine says: i love meatloaf sandwiches

Claudine says: better than meatloaf

Allison says: but I am getting VERY hungry!

Claudine says: me too

Tracy says: when laura gets back....if that happens...we should have dinner at teddy's!

Laura says: but...to play "Laura"...will I ever really be able to enjoy non-authentic fish and chips...I mean, in Bath...that's in england....

Allison says: or order from Teddy's if she comes back shortly after the birth of little searson

Laura says: God, I'm starving now too...and dinner is 30 minutes away

Laura says: when are you due?

Allison says: 8/8/05

Laura says: not to eat

Allison says: lOL

Allison says: I hope not

Laura says: that would be tough, yes

Allison says: Shall we all fly to england so laura can have her authentic fish and chips :)

Tracy says: that's the only polite thing to do

Laura says: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy says: we wouldn't want to torture her with americanized fish and chips

Claudine says: i don't think we should encourage her to stay any longer than she already is bying saying that we'll go visit her :P

Tracy says: although it would be much cheaper to fly laura here for some imitation food

Tracy says: very true

Tracy says: she needs to be encouraged to return

Claudine says: i agree, i have a bathroom that needs painting ;)

Tracy says: I couldn't visit even if I had the money. My luggage is in belgium :)

Laura says: hmmmm...see, this is why I need a private sponsor. Fly home with the winter clothes after the World Championships and back to Sweden or Finland for a summer of intense and brilliant (if mildly isolate--a good thing ) writing

Laura says: OOOOps!

Laura says: I had meant to send Dad home with at least one piece, bu things were a little disorganized

Tracy says: that's okay, I'm just kidding

Allison says: By the time I finish school I won't be allowed to fly

Tracy says: I have other luggage...and I'm not traveling anywhere

Laura says: If you do need some...we have other pieces, and I told Dad to be ready to surrender anything you need

Claudine says: (i'll be right back)

Laura says: he only uses his 30-year-old backpack anyway

Laura says: (I'll bet she's off getting french toast sticks)

Allison says: Unfortunately I have to run and get some food myself

Allison says: I will be back in 15 though

Tracy says: don't worry about the luggage...I have plenty of options

Allison says: I don’t want to starve the baby

Tracy says: don't do that, babies like food

Allison says: :)

Allison says: be back soon if you are all still around

Laura says: cool...if I ever get published, you will get a special thanks for that one

Tracy says: it's nice to know I can help ;)

Laura says: I'm thinking of dedicating the book to Gary Bettman...though I suppose that's a sports girls joke

Tracy says: yeah, I don't even know who he is

Laura says: What would be nice...if we all had an impossibly large amount of money...ok, even a little elbow room would be nice...to have girls night over here.

Tracy says: that would be a lot of fun! if only we had the use of a private jet

Laura says: exactly!

Laura says: I guess it is a little unfair to ask everyone to come to me though...

Tracy says: but you're in a much more interesting place than we are

Tracy says: did kim and carolyn visit already?

Laura says: yeah, I just got back last night. They were here from last Saturday to Wednesday. We had a real blast. Some silly digital photos to share once I figure out how to send them to one of those Web sites. (Which one do you use?)

Tracy says: I use dotphoto.com

Tracy says: it seems pretty easy to use

Tracy says: I'm glad at least some of your friends were able to visit.

Laura says: I had a great time with some new friends in Finland and Sweden, but there's nothing like old friends...and as shocking as this might sound...to hang out with girls.

Tracy says: it's actually not that shocking....you've gotten to be much more girly in the past few years ;)

Tracy says: and there's nothing like girl friends

Laura says: evidently I have a ways to go...big topic of conversations...whether Claire and Laura are trying to not just be friends with all the men they meet

Tracy says: there's nothing wrong with just being friends...some of the best marriages start that way

Claudine says: back

Laura says: yay...my life is complete again

Tracy says: with french toast sticks?

Laura says: hey...Brian is online too, we can invite him to chat

Laura says: yes, what did you pick from that great menu

Laura says: Oh...$427 and I can come home for 2 weeks at the end of May...

Tracy says: should we take up a collection?

Tracy says: if you don't come back in may when will you be back?

Laura says: I'm considering possibly September

Tracy says: that's so far away

Laura says: yah...but summer months always go faster

Claudine says: sorry i was trying to catch up

Claudine says: i got french toast sticks, pancakes, bacon, syrup and fruit salad

Tracy says: yummy!

Laura says: I noticed that it is hard to do ....you keep scrolling up and then someone has a new somethinthen it rolls forward...very confusing

Claudine says: and lemonade and orage juice

Laura says: Hungry litte?

Claudine says: a little, mostly i've just gotten in the habit of bring back tons on food like this i have a good chance of having enough edible food for lunch

Laura says: thirsty little

Claudine says: angry pineapple!

Tracy says: my lunch is gone :( I want claudine's lunch

Claudine says: i'm sorry

Tracy says: it's ok. i have cinnamon apple sauce and a granola bar for dessert

Claudine says: that sounds good

Tracy says: it's not french toast but I can't have everything

Laura says: well...we have to eat now...

Claudine says: i'm sure most days your lunch is better than mine

Claudine says: have a good dinner

Tracy says: enjoy

Laura says: well...just to tantalize...I have my thinly sliced thyme and garlic roasted potatoes, steamed carrots and a nice chicken and mushroom with tomato sauce

Laura says: oh...and a nice glass of red wine from the French Pyrenees...

Laura says: the glass of wine my beat out the lemonade

Tracy says: you get my vote for the best meal

Claudine says: sounds delicious

Claudine says: definitely

Tracy says: a glass of wine would be much better than my water

Tracy has left the conversation.

Claudine says: will you be back on after dinner?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home