Monday, March 14, 2005

we could not get used to that when we were in evian

Claudine says: laura!!

Laura says: howdy!

Laura says: loved the pictures....made me feel like I was a part of home

Laura says: I am treating myself to Swedish expensive Internet in Malmo...but no break down in tears this time

Claudine says: i hope i didn't screw up your mailboxes

Laura says: nah, yahoo gives me loads of space

Claudine says: good

Claudine says: the point wasn't to make you feel a part of our home, it was to make you feel bad that i have to pick this color (or non-color, since they're all essentially gray, unbelievable how many different shades of gray there are...) by myself

Laura says: and I would love to help from cyberworld, except that first there is the distortion of the camera and then the monitor I’m looking at the chips through...so I don't have quite the right look at it

Claudine says: very true

Claudine says: the monitor especially distorts colors a lot

Laura says: But I would go for one of the more beigey grey, a little warmer...but a cool bathroom is nice too, kind of refreshing if it that right cool but not depressing grey

Claudine says: at first i was leaning towards the greener grays, blake likes the warmer ones but they remind me of our old bathroom which was tan, i think a crisp cool gray would be nice and would make the colors in the pictures nice and bright

Laura says: yeah...actually and you have the nice beiges and tans hues in the other rooms. Sometimes a bathroom is nice to have different. And it’s not like you need the place to feel like you want to cuddle up in it. Cool often says clean, which, let’s face it, is really all we really want from a toilet

Claudine says: although now that we have our nice reglazed tub I’ve become addicted to hour-long baths

Claudine says: there's still the alcove between the bathroom, bedroom, closet, that's not painted

Laura says: ooo...nice eh?

Claudine says: ?

Laura says: oh, just 15 minutes left

Laura says: the glazed tub...nice

Claudine says: yes very

Laura says: and then, they´re closing.

Laura says: soon here

Laura says: so I finally met her cousin here in Malmo

Claudine says: is it quarter to ten?

Laura says: yes...and I´m in land of Europe where everything shuts bizarrely early. I miss NY for that

Claudine says: yeah, we could not get used to that when we were in evian, everything closes at 4

Laura says: Her cousin has a flat I could rent here for the summer...but I think it´s really just too nice for me...meaning too expensive

Claudine says: it's ridiculous, and since i don't get going till about noon...

Claudine says: yes, too expensive, you should definitely come home

Laura says: yeah, I was thinking about maybe seeing if I could find something cheaper

Claudine says: :@

Laura says: sorry

Laura says: hey,.. you told me to stay

Claudine says: ?

Laura says: you did...i" if it was me..."

Claudine says: blah blah blah

Laura says: well, I want to wait to make a decision. She’s very nice though. She’s letting me stay at her place for the rest of my stay. The strange thing is, she´s really too American for me. I like the reserved calmer Swedes. And she wants to come to hockey bockey tomorrow, and I just don´t think that guys are going to like her, being the reserved quite Swedes themselves

Laura says: but I´ll let them hash that out

Claudine says: how long has she been there?

Laura says: she´s Swedish

Laura says: so all her life I would guess

Laura says: but she wants to move to the US like I want to move to Scandinavia

Claudine says: so she doesn't want to move here?

Laura says: she does

Laura says: oh

Laura says: I get it har har

Laura says: slow tonight

Laura says: sorry trying to figure out who is playing where in Swedish

Laura says: loved the cat pictures too...

Laura says: k, well I have to pay for this by credit card, so I should let this guy go home and get this done

Laura says: I will try to get on again...perhaps Jessica has MSN I can do this from her place...though seems rude

Laura says: later

Claudine says: have a good night

Laura says: you too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home